Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Statement of my Philosophy on Education and Teaching

MY PERSONAL PHILOSOPHY ON EDUCATION AND
 TEACHING 

Education is a form of learning. It is as vital as life itself, for without education, I believe that there would be no community of people, no goals and aspirations in life, everybody would be illiterate and primitive about our world and how it works. I do believe that education is the best way to uplift ourselves. All these things are what made teaching a crucial task. Teachers as a person in-charge of the education of the young plays a vital role in making every society liveable.

I consider teaching as a calling of not just the mind but the heart as well. It has a far-reaching influence on the society. I believe that teaching is a valuable career because it is the source of all professions. It is the root cause of all progress. It can give impact on the "CHANGE" in the society.

In my years of teaching experience, I always made it a point to integrate moral and spiritual values in all my subjects taught. I want my students to be fully equipped with the necessary concepts as well as values and principles needed for them to have a really productive and responsible life. This has been a challenge for me every time I stand up and face my students in the classroom. I always wanted to leave a mark not just in their minds but most importantly in their hearts. As a teacher this has been my commitment to my students, 'to do everything that I'm humanly possible to help them find their true selves and be the best of what they can be as individuals'. The only memory that I want my students to remember me is that I made a candle out of myself for them, consuming itself to give light or to light the way for others.   

No comments:

Post a Comment